Thank you to everyone who supported our family dinner night at Project Pie. Thank you to our PTA for a wonderful Red Ribbon Week. And thank you to all who participated in our annual Law Enforcement Day.
Wolf Canyon now has a tab on the blog to support Military families. If you would like to know more about what services and programs we have to support you and your child please contact Monica Huezo at the school office 619-482-8877.
Boo Grams will be sold this week before and after school. Boo Grams will be delivered on Friday, October 31.
Just a reminder to be safe this Friday when out trick or treating. In an effort to ensure that your costumes are in great shape for the evening we do not wear costumes to school.
Saturday, November 1 at midnight remember to set your clocks back 1 hour for Daylight Savings Time.
There will be a Boy Scout Open House at Hedencamp Elementary on Tuesday, October 28. Troop853Flyer
Game Night is on Wednesday, November 5 and is a wonderful way to spend time with your family while supporting the school. Visit the website at http://www.sfgameraiser.com for information about the kinds of games that will be available to play and to purchase.
PTA General Meeting Monday, November 17 at 7:00 pm.
The Holiday Gift Shop will take place December 15 – 18. Talk to your children about ways they can perhaps earn money to buy gifts for their families.
Don’t forget to nominate a special volunteer for the next PTA Honorary Service Award. All forms need to be completed and turned in to the school office no later than Tuesday, November 4. Forms are available in the school office. Honorary Service Award Nomination Form.
The Chula Vista Elementary School District is offering parent workshops:
1. Tools and Resources for Parents, October 27 – 9:00 am – 11:00 am and 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm – District Office
2. How to Help English Language Learners Make Progress and Achieve, October 28 – 9:00 am – 11:00 am and 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – District Office
3. Common Core Standards and Homework, October 29 – 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Parent Workshop – Oct 29 Flyer (Combo)
4. Positive Solutions for Families – Nov. 3, Dec. 1, Feb. 2, March 2, and April 13 – 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm District Office
5. Anti-Bullying November 12 – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm District Office
6. LCFF/LCAP Training – November 17 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm District Office