Monday, February 29 is the last day to get you Yearbook at the pre-sales rate of $36. Yearbooks will be $50 after that while supplies last. THE SCHOOL CODE IS 11854016. To order go to https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/Order/SelectJob
Tuesday, March 1 starting at 7:00 am Registration for the 2016-2017 school year begins for Kinders who will turn 5 years old on or before September 1 and for new registrations in all other grades. Registration packets are available in the school office. For more information, contact the school office at (619) 482-8877 or visit our district’s website at http://www.cvesd.org
Friday, March 4 12:00 pm – Military Support Committee Meeting. All are welcome. Lunch will be served.
April is the Month of the Military Child. As part of our celebration, we are inviting parents who serve in the military to join us as guest speakers for our daily Morning Announcements. Contact Dr. Prange, Associate Principal, if you are interested in being a guest speaker. firstname.lastname@example.org
Just a reminder to please take a moment to give us your feedback on ThoughtExchange. You should have received an email about this however, if not you can visit the http://www.cvesd.org and complete the brief rating survey. Thank you.
For safety reasons please remember the following:
1. When arriving to school please use the front entrance for all drop offs. If you are walking you may use the bus loop entrance only if you are on the sidewalk that does not cross the bus loop entrance and exit.
2. During dismissal please wait at the front of the school in the courtyard or at the lunch tables. Please do not hang out in the middle of the campus or in front of the library as school is still in session. Also, if you have other children with you they must be with you at all times and not on the play structure or climbing trees.
3. Animals are not allowed on campus. Please do not bring your animals on the campus. In the case of service animals please make prior arrangements with the principal.
4. Please do not pack student lunches or snacks in glass containers.
5. Thank you for your cooperation!
After School Opportunities
Martial Arts Martial Arts Classes asp 2016 (1)
Pawsome Artists Pawsome Jan and Feb
Junior Builders – February 24, March 2, 9, 16 and April 6, 13
Woodshop Wizards begins February 24 Woodshop Wizards
Parent Training and Opportunities Around the District
Classes for women “Es Dificil Ser Mujer? are being offered at Vista Square Elementary 8:15am – 10:15am March 3 and 10. All classes are in Spanish.
Classes for Parents on Special Education: Positive Solutions Scan
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) was passed in December 2015. It helps our school build on the progress we have made so far. For more information watch the video linked in the Parent Resource link located on the right side of this blog home page.
Important Dates for Quarter 3
March 10 – 17 Parent Teacher Conference Min. Day Dismissal 1:30 pm Kinder 1:45 pm grades 1-6
March 10 – 17 Scholastics Bookfair
March 11 – Awards Assemblies 9:00 K-2 and 10:00 am 3-6
March 13 Daylight Savings – spring ahead 1 hour
March 17 – 6:00 pm 6th Grade Cotillion
March 18 Last Day of the Quarter
March 21 – April 1 SPRING BREAK!
School Resumes Monday, April 4
Mark your calendar for a CVESD Parent Academy on Saturday, April 9 8:00am – 11:45am at Hedenkamp Elementary. For more information call 425-9600 ext. 1520.