Thank you to all those who attended Curriculum Night on August 18! If you attended, please click here for a brief survey to give us feedback: Curriculum Night Survey.
A special thank you to everyone who has joined PTA. We now have 543 members. It’s not to late to become a member. Membership is just $10 and you do not have to be a volunteer. Every classroom that gets 100% parent membership will get an Extra Recess! PTA Membership 2016-2017.
August 22, 2016 at 3:30 pm is the first Site Council (SSC) meeting of the year. We will select officers, review the school data results, and discuss goals for this school year. Everyone is welcome!
August 23, 2016 at 9:00 am is the first English Learner Advisory Committee Meeting (ELAC) of the school year. Come out and meet other parents of English learners and find out how you can be a part of helping all of our English learners.
The Good News Club is back! Click here for more information Hey Kids flyer
Commemorate your child’s birthday by donating $10 or more for the purchase of a book for the Wolf Canyon Library! For more information click Birthday Book Club.
School Reminders for Everyone’s Safety:
1. All electronics devices must be put away and turned off when students arrive to school.
2. All students who arrive to school before 8:30 will be directed to the grass or track area.
3. Those folks picking up students at the end of the day must wait in the courtyard at the front of the school or on the grass area at the front of the school. Please DO NOT stand in the entryway as this makes it difficult for classes to get through to the front of the school.
4. Visitors and Volunteers must show ID and wear a name tag while on campus during the school day.
5. For Privacy reasons please wait in the Front Office when picking your children early from school and not the Health Office.
6. DON’T PARK IN THE DROP OFF PICK UP ZONE PLEASE!!!
7. Use the crosswalks and set an example.
Friday, September 9 is Family Movie Night and Campout. Students who make cardboard box vehicles will receive a “No Homework” pass good for one assignment. The movie is free and will begin once the sun goes down. For those who are camping, spaces are $20 during the pre-sales or $25 at the door. Campers may set up as early as 5:00 pm. For everyone’s safety, gates will be locked at 9:00 pm. There will be no “in” and “out” privileges.
The PTA Reflections Artist Contest is back. Categories include: Photography, Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Visual Arts, and a Special Artist Division. The theme is “This is My Story”. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries are due by October 7. All students who participate will receive a “No Homework” pass good for one assignment.
Additional resources for families https://www.welconnect.org/ and https://www.schoolcafe.com/
September 5 NO SCHOOL
September 8-15 Parent Teacher Conferences (Minimum Days)
September 9 beginning at 5:00 pm Family Movie/Campout Night
September 13 9:00 ELAC Mtg.
September 19 – October 3 FALL BREAK
Wolf Canyon Events Calendar 16-17 (8-10-2016 REVISED)