Monday, December 4- The BOGO bookfair begins! Our Buy One Get One Free bookfair will run through Friday, December 8.
Wednesday, December 6– Garden Club Meeting from 4:00-5:00 P.M. at PALOMAR ELEMENTARY
Friday, December 8 at 6pm- Family Bingo night in the auditorium. Adults and students are welcome to play. Main prizes are an IPad, electric scooter, toys, and more. There will be Pizza and drinks for sale.
Friday December 8- Big Smiles Dental Program will be on campus during the day.
Friday December 8- Western Wear Day to celebrate our western themed BOGO Bookfair.
Monday, December 11 – Thursday, December 14- The 6th Grade Class will be hosting a Holiday Gift Shop in room 705 from, 8 am – 4 pm
Do you want to give Wolf Canyon School the Best Holiday Gift Ever? Then please consider supporting our school Science and Technology program. We are in need of 90 iPad cases as well as some very special items for the beginning of our first ever “Maker Space”. We are currently working with District folks and Qualcomm to create a space for students to apply their science, engineering, and technology skills. To help, you can donate to one or both of the two items below.
- Write a check to Wolf Canyon Elementary to support iPad Cases – $15 each.
- Click on the link below to purchase and donate one of the items on the Wish List for our Maker Space project. Wolf Canyon Maker Space
As we approach the halfway point in the school year, here are some things we know:
- About 90% of a child’s core brain structure forms in the first 5 years of life.
- A child has the brain connections developed for pre-reading skills by the age of 2 1/2.
- 40% of kindergarteners enter behind on literacy skills.
- If a child isn’t reading by the end of 1st grade they will have a 1 in 8 chance of becoming a reader.
- So…you don’t have to read to your child or expect your child to read every day — just on the days you eat!
- Drop off and pick up are in the drive through at the front of the school and NOT the BUS LOOP.
- Students report to the blacktop or auditorium for breakfast in the mornings and should not be hanging around the buildings or other parts of the campus.
- Walk bikes and scooters on the sidewalk during the high traffic times (dismissal especially)
- Students should not be climbing trees or running around during dismissal.
- For everyone’s safety PLEASE BE PATIENT.
Tuesday December 12 PTA Meeting @ 6:00 cancelled
Thursday, December 14 Winter Musical @ 6:30
Friday, December 15– Last day of 2nd quarter
Monday, December 18- Monday, January 8- Winter Break
Special Education Parent Workshops Parent Comm – Invite Flyer (2017-18)
Parent Intervention Classes PIP FREE every Monday and Wednesday at Greg Rogers Elementary located at 510 East Naples. Sessions are 8:30 am – 10:30 am and 12:00 pm –
2:30 pm. For more information call 619-425-9600 ext. 6478.