Good day, Wolf Canyon Families!
I hope this message finds you well. While I am saddened that we were not able to complete the 4th quarter and celebrate the end of the school year as we normally do, I am confident that we will return to Wolf Canyon for the 2020-2021 school year with a renewed passion for learning and appreciation for human connection. I am so proud of our students, staff, and community. During school closure, we demonstrated great grit and creativity and continued to persevere through the many challenges that we are all facing. I look forward to seeing you all when we reopen for the 2020-2021 school year.
Ending the 2019-2020 School Year
As you may know, our last day of distance learning is Wednesday, June 3rd. Rest assured that students, including promoting sixth graders, will continue to have access to all online programs including Achieve 3000 and Smarty Ants over the summer break. Students who checked out a laptop from Wolf Canyon will return the device when school reopens. CVESD is also working on creating grade level summer learning plans that families can use over the summer break if they choose. You can visit www.cvesd.org for more information.
Over the summer, I will continue to post updates on our Parent Blog. The link to the Parent Blog is https://wordpress.com/view/wolfcanyontimberwolves.org. Subscribe by clicking on the right side of the screen.
Wolf Canyon Front Office
At this time, the Wolf Canyon office and school remains closed to the public. The Wolf Canyon front office staff will be working diligently to end the 2019-2020 school year and prepare for the 2020-2021 school year. During the school closure, we have been checking and responding to voicemails and emails. We will be in the office and available to receive phone calls and e-mails over the next two weeks before closing for summer break.
Information on the 2020-2021 School Year
The question that we are all asking is, when will schools reopen? The date for schools to reopen for the new school year has not been determined by the District. Please check for updates on the District website www.cvesd.org or sign up for the Wolf Canyon Parent Blog
CVESD is seeking parent input on reopening schools. If you have not done so yet, please visit the following link to provide your input.
More Important Information Pertaining to the 2020-2021 School Year:
- Verification of Residency is on hold for now. The date and process will be communicated when the District confirms that schools are able to reopen safely.
- Existing students currently enrolled at Wolf Canyon do not need to complete a new registration packet or re-register online. You will need to supply annual Verification of Residency and inform us of any changes to health or emergency contact info when requested to do so.
Registration Information for New Students
If you are an existing Wolf Canyon family enrolling a new student or know a family wishing to enroll their child at Wolf Canyon, the information below is for you:
- New students who have not yet enrolled to start at Wolf Canyon for the 2020-2021 school year should register as soon as possible using the District’s online enrollment system http://www.cvesd.org/parents/welcome_to_enrollment.
- We encourage parents of new students to enroll online. We will follow up with you to request supporting documents.
- For parents unable to complete registration online or unable to submit documents by email, please contact the Wolf Canyon Office at 619-482-8877, or e-mail Ms. Vicky Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a process in place to distribute and collect registration information while maintaining safety.