We hope that you all had a fantastic spring break. We are excited to begin the fourth quarter and welcome some of our students back for in-person learning on April 12th. All students will be continuing with distance learning the week of April 5th and during this week all students will be receiving 3 hours of synchronous instruction.
Your child’s current teachers will be emailing you no later than April 6th to share your child’s classroom assignment beginning on April 12th. We will not be able to accommodate any changes at this time.
As part of our efforts to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, our District will offer viral and antibody testing the week of April 5 to staff, students, their families, and community. This is the period after spring break, and before the start of hybrid instruction on April 12. Testing will be available 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with no testing taking place between 12 noon and 1 p.m. The dates and locations are:
- Monday, April 5 @ Vista Square Elementary, 540 G Street, Chula Vista, 91910.
- Tuesday, April 6 @ Olympic View Elementary, 1220 South Greensview Dr., Chula Vista, 91915.
- Wednesday, April 7 @ Muraoka Elementary, 1644 Santa Alexia Ave., Chula Vista, 91913.
- Thursday, April 8 @ Lauderbach Elementary, 390 Palomar Street, Chula Vista, 91911.
- Friday, April 9 @ Finney Elementary, 3950 Byrd Street, San Diego, 92154.
The antibody test consists of a light fingerprick; results as quickly as 15 minutes for those who stay around for their results. The viral test is the shallow nose swab test; results available within three-to-four business days. Learn more here: Viral Test for COVID-19
Testing is voluntary. Participants have the option of only doing one of the tests or both, and they are offered at no cost (covered through health insurance or reimbursable to testing provider Kahala Biosciences under the CARES Act for those who do not have insurance). Per requests, immediate family/household members are also eligible to participate. To schedule an appointment, please click here or cut and paste the following into your web browser: https://kahalabiosciences.com/cvesd-safe/
Thanks again for your support of CVESD Safe!, our voluntary testing and tracing program. Look for emails regarding additional testing opportunities in subsequent weeks as well.
-Week at a Glance
- 3 – 5 p.m. – Gr. 5 Material Distribution
- 3 – 4:30 p.m. – Gr. 4 Material Distribution
- Menchie’s PTA FUNDRAISING – ALL DAY
- 12 p.m. – Breakfast and Lunch Meal Distribution, Bus Circle
- 1:30-3:00 p.m. – Curbside Library