Tuesday, July 19, 2016 from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm meet your child’s teacher for the 2016 – 2017 school year. PTA members will be on hand with membership info, fundraiser, and volunteer opportunities. For families who have children registered for the YMCA childcare before and after school there will be a Meet and Greet from 3:00 pm – 5:00 in the YMCA room. For information about YMCA Childcare call 619-421-9622 ext. 14220 or email email@example.com.
The First Day of School starts at 8:45 am on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 and is a Minimum Day.
- 8:45 am – All students GRADES 1-6 should report to their classrooms for the first day.
- 9:00 am – All kindergarten students and their parents go to the auditorium at 9:00 am for a Kindergarten Orientation.
- 11:00 am – All Kindergarten students are dismissed to go home with parents.
- 1:45 pm – All students GRADES 1-6 are dismissed.
- TRAFFIC DELAYS – PLEASE NOTE OLYMPIAN HIGH STUDENTS ARE DISMISSED AT 1:40 ON THIS DAY SO EXPECT TRAFFIC DELAYS.
For Free and Reduced Lunch Applications
click here for information http://www.cvesd.org/PARENTS/Pages/Meal-Application-Information.aspx
click here for application http://www.cvesd.org/PARENTS/Pages/Meal-Application-Information.aspx
Please note if you wish to drop off lunch or other items to your child during the school day you may do so only during your child’s recess or lunch time. Students will not be pulled from instructional time and office staff are not permitted to hold items in the office or make deliveries.
No changes will be made to class assignments in the first 3 weeks of school. If you would like to request a classroom change after that you may submit your request in writing with rationale as to why you are requesting a change. Changes will be considered only if space is available beginning August 8.
All Visitors and Volunteers may begin coming onto the campus August 1. All folks who would like to volunteer ON campus must attend the Volunteer Inservice Session during the Parent Academy Night July 28.
Thursday, July 28 at 6:30 pm is our first ever Parent Information Academy Night. Academy sessions will include:
- Visitor/Volunteer in-service (required for all volunteers on campus)
- Campus Safety-Disaster Preparedness, Bullying/Cyberbullying, etc.
- Gifted and Talented Education (GATE)
- School Site Council (SSC) and English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
- General Information – Data results, Parent Handbook, etc.
If you wish to volunteer on campus you must attend the Volunteer In-service and complete a TB Clearance and Volunteer Agreement.
Those interested in serving on our school governance committees should attend the SSC and ELAC sessions. WE NEED YOUR INPUT AND SUPPORT!!! THANK YOU!!!
DROP OFF AND PICK UP IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. Drop off and pick up students only in the front of the school and not the bus loop.
2. If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot and not the drive through zone.
3. Please do not bring animals including dogs on campus at any time – this includes arrival and dismissal.
4. Please do not park in RESERVED spaces.
5. Please wait in the courtyard at the front of the school to pick up your child. For everyone’s safety Do Not Go to the classrooms.
6. Please keep the front gate entryway clear.
7. For parents dropping off children at the YMCA during the morning Olympian High traffic you may move the cones at the entryway and place them back.
8. Students must walk bikes, hover boards, and skate boards on side walks.
9. Students not picked up by 3:25 pm (1:55 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office, sign in and need to be signed out by the person picking him/her up.
10. For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
August 1 – Run 4 Fun begins. Students may walk or run the track each morning starting at 8:00 am and received prizes. Parent Volunteers are NEEDED.
Smoothie Thursdays are back and will begin on July 28 after school.
Wanted – Small “party favor” like toys for the Principal’s Prize Box. Drop off donations in the school office.
Thursday, August 18 CURRICULUM NIGHT 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
***Session 1 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm
***Session 2 6:15 pm – 6:45 pm
***Session 3 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Monday, August 22 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm School Site Council (SSC) Meeting
Tuesday, August 23 9:00 am – 10:00 am English Learner Advisory Council (ELAC) Meeting