Thursday, July 28 at 6:00 pm is our first ever Parent Information Academy Night. There will be 4 session times so you can attend more than one. Academy sessions will include:
- Visitor/Volunteer in-service (required for All Volunteers)
- Campus Safety-Disaster Preparedness, Bullying/Cyberbullying, etc.
- Gifted and Talented Education (GATE)
- School Site Council (SSC) and English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC), Parent Handbook
- Student Extracurricular Activities
- Music Program Information – learn about the music program for all students, this year’s string orchestra program, and after school music clubs.
We need at least 5 Parent Representatives for SSC and ELAC. These positions are elected. If you are interested in serving on these very important school governance committees please attend the session on July 28. All Visitors and Volunteers may begin coming onto the campus beginning August 1.
Smoothie Thursdays are back and will begin on July 28 after school. Robeks Fresh Juices and Smoothies will be selling smoothies after school each Thursday, weather permitting.
For Free and Reduced Lunch Applications
click here for information http://www.cvesd.org/PARENTS/Pages/Meal-Application-Information.aspx
click here for application http://www.cvesd.org/PARENTS/Pages/Meal-Application-Information.aspx
Please note if you wish to drop off lunch or other items to your child during the school day you may do so only during your child’s recess or lunch time. Students will not be pulled from instructional time and office staff are not permitted to hold items in the office or make deliveries.
No changes will be made to class assignments before August 8. If you would like to request a classroom change after that you may submit your request in writing with rationale as to why you are requesting a change. Changes will be considered only if space is available.
We Need Extra Noon Duty Lunchtime Supervisors. If you are interested in this job please contact the school office for more details at 619-482-8877 x620100. Please note for everyone’s safety all students must follow the noon duty directives.
Wish List – We need extra cases of water for our emergency supplies. Please drop off donations in the school office.
Be sure to check out the Art Blog link on our home page. Mrs. Adamos our art teacher is in need of donations for all kinds of creative materials for our art program.
Martial Arts after school program is back beginning July 28 click here for more information 2016 Afterschool Camarena & Wolf Canyon
August 1 – Run 4 Fun begins. Students may walk or run the track each morning starting at 8:00 am and received prizes. Parent Volunteers are NEEDED.
Wanted – Small “party favor” like toys for the Principal’s Prize Box. Drop off donations in the school office.
August 5, 2016 9:00 am – 10:30 am SSC Parent/Member TrainingSSC Parent MemberTraining Flier 2016 and for Spanish SSC Parent Member Training Flier 2016 SPAN
August 9, 2016 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm SSC Parent/Member Training
Both SSC trainings will be held at the CVESD District Office located on 84 E. J Street in Chula Vista in the Board Room
Thursday, August 18 CURRICULUM NIGHT 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
***Session 1 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm
***Session 2 6:15 pm – 6:45 pm
***Session 3 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Monday, August 22 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm School Site Council (SSC) Meeting
Tuesday, August 23 9:00 am – 10:00 am English Learner Advisory Council (ELAC) Meeting
REMEMBER TO FOLLOW OUR DROP OFF AND PICK UP PROCEDURES FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY!!!
1. Drop off and pick up students only in the front of the school and not the bus loop.
2. If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot and not the drive through zone.
3. Please do not bring animals including dogs on campus at any time – this includes arrival and dismissal.
4. Please do not park in RESERVED spaces.
5. Please wait in the courtyard at the front of the school to pick up your child. For everyone’s safety Do Not Go to the classrooms.
6. Please keep the front gate entryway clear.
7. For parents dropping off children at the YMCA during the morning Olympian High traffic you may move the cones at the entryway and place them back.
8. Students must walk bikes, hover boards, and skate boards on side walks.
9. Students not picked up by 3:25 pm (1:55 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office, sign in and need to be signed out by the person picking him/her up.
10. For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.