Welcome back to the 2017-18 school year!
Tuesday, July 18, 2017 from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm meet your child’s teacher. Kona Ice will be on hand and PTA will provide free Lumpia to everyone who stops by their table. Also, PTA members will be on hand with membership information. You do not need to be able to volunteer to be a PTA member.
For families who have children registered for the YMCA childcare before and after school there will be a Meet and Greet from 3:00 pm – 5:00 in the YMCA room. For information about YMCA Childcare call 619-421-9622 ext.
The First Day of School starts at 8:45 am on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 and is a Minimum Day.
- 8:45 am – All students GRADES 1-6 should report to their classrooms for the first day.
- 9:00 am – All kindergarten students and their parents go to the auditorium at 9:00 am for a Kindergarten Orientation. Kindergarten students are dismissed to go home with parents after the orientation (11:00 am).
- 1:45 pm – All students GRADES 1-6 are dismissed.
- PLEASE EXPECT TRAFFIC DELAYS ON THE FIRST DAY.
For Free and Reduced Lunch Applications
click here for information http://www.cvesd.org/PARENTS/Pages/Meal-Application-Information.aspx
click here for application http://www.cvesd.org/PARENTS/Pages/Meal-Application-Information.aspx
Please note if you wish to drop off lunch or other items to your child during the school day you may do so only during your child’s recess or lunch time. Students will not be pulled from instructional time and office staff are not permitted to hold items in the office or make deliveries.
No changes will be made to class assignments in the first 3 weeks of school. If you would like to request a classroom change after that you may submit your request in writing with rationale as to why you are requesting a change. Changes will be considered only if space is available beginning August 7.
All Visitors and Volunteers may begin coming onto the campus July 31. All folks who would like to volunteer ON campus must attend the Volunteer In-service Session during the Parent Academy Night July 27.
Thursday, July 27 at 6:00 pm is Parent Academy Information Night. The sessions are 20 minutes and will repeat a total of 4 times. The topics include:
- Visitor/Volunteer in-service (required for all volunteers on campus)
- Campus Safety – What every parent should know.
- Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) (for parents of students in grades 3-6)
- What are SSC, ELAC, LCAP, and SPSA and how do they help your child?
- General School Information (for new families to Wolf Canyon)
- Testing – What does it all mean?
- Achieve 3000 and Imagine Learning – How you can help at home.
- PTA – Who they are and how do I get involved?
Those interested in serving on our school governance committees should attend the School Site Council (SSC) and/or English Learner Advisory Council (ELAC) session.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. Drop off and pick up students only in the front of the school and not the bus loop.
2. If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot and not the drive through zone.
3. Please do not bring animals including dogs on campus at any time – this includes arrival and dismissal.
4. Please do not park in RESERVED spaces.
5. Please wait in the courtyard at the front of the school to pick up your child. For everyone’s safety Do Not Go to the classrooms.
6. Please keep the front gate entryway clear.
7. For parents dropping off children at the YMCA during the morning Olympian High traffic you may move the cones at the entryway and place them back.
8. Students must walk bikes, hover boards, and skate boards on side walks.
9. Students not picked up by 3:25 pm (1:55 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office, sign in and need to be signed out by the person picking him/her up.
10. For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
Monday, July 31 – Run 4 Fun begins. Students may walk or run the track each morning starting at 8:00 am and received prizes. Parent Volunteers are NEEDED.
Noon duty supervisors NEEDED. If you would like a job supervising students during the lunch time, contact the school office 619-840-6925.
Monday, July 31 at 3:30 pm – 10 Year Anniversary Planning Meeting
Wednesday, August 2 at 5 pm to 8 pm Family Dinner Night at Chipotle (bring the flyer)
Tuesday, August 15 at 6:00 pm PTA General Meeting
Tuesday, August 15 – 9:00 am – 10:00 am English Learner Advisory Council (ELAC) Meeting
Thursday, August 17 CURRICULUM NIGHT 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
***Session 1 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm
***Session 2 6:15 pm – 6:45 pm
***Session 3 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Monday, August 21 – 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm School Site Council (SSC) Meeting