Residency Update! Thank you, all, for continuing to submit your residency to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for this has been extended to be completed within the first two weeks of school (8/31-9/11). If you have emailed questions regarding residency, please know that we will be getting to those as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience with this process. For instructions on how to submit your residency, please see below…
Wolf Canyon Families,
On behalf of the Wolf Canyon Staff, welcome to the 2020-2021 school year. The Wolf Canyon Office will be pushing out several important announcements in the coming weeks pertaining to distance learning and the start of the school year.
The purpose of this correspondence is to provide information regarding annual residency verification. Please read the information below carefully as the process is slightly different than years past:
Which Families Need to Verify Residency?
- Verification of residency is required for all returning Wolf Canyon students
- Re-verification is not necessary for incoming kindergarten students and new enrollments who pre-registered since February 19, 2020
- Residency must be completed before your child is placed in a class. Remember that school starts via virtual learning on August 31st
- A verification of residency form must be submitted for each child that attends Wolf Canyon
- If you moved to a new address in 2020, please write “new address” clearly on the verification form.
What is Needed to Verify Residency?
Families can provide ONE of the documents listed below. The document can be in either or both parent’s/legal guardian’s name and must include the address where you and your child physically live. Documents must be dated after July 1st 2020. It can be a letter that has been mailed to your address, or a document that you download or receive electronically
- Recent paystub if it includes your name and address
- Current rental contract/lease & recent payment receipt w/ landlord contract info
- Utility bill: Gas & Elec, solar, internet, water, trash, cable tv, landline phone, property tax payment receipt (cell phone bills & bank statements are not accepted)
- Voter registration, Car registration if dated from July 1, letter from a court, DMV or a government department
- Lincoln Military Housing residency verification letter
- Mortgage statement
- Homeowner’s association billing statement
- Letter on apartment complex or mobile home park letterhead, signed by the landlord, stating that parent/guardian/caregiver lives there
The District does not accept documentation with PO box addresses, or that has been provided by a family member, caregiver, friend etc. unless you and your child physically stay at the address permanently.
How Do I Verify Residency?
You have two options to verify residency:
- Via Email (preferred)
- Download the attached form titled “Verification of Residency”
- Fill out “Verification of Residency” form (one per child) and include your child’s name and the grade your child will be going into
- Print and sign & date the form (we cannot accept electronic signatures)
- Scan or take a picture of document you are using to verify residency (see list above)
- Email completed and signed “Verification of Residency” form along with “documentation of residency” (listed above) to email@example.com
*If you are unable to print the “Verification of Residency” form, copies will be available outside of the Wolf Canyon Office starting Thursday, August 10th at 8:00am. You can pick up a form and follow the steps above.
- Schedule a time to speak with office staff
- If you are unable to complete your verification of residency via e-mail, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you and assist you with this process.
The school building remains closed to the public. When visiting the school, please wear a mask, practice social distancing, and observe all posted signage.
What about Second Family Affidavits?
If a student and his/her family reside with another family and they are unable to provide a document to verify their own residency, the attached “Second Family Affidavit” form needs to be submitted, along with the “Verification of Residency” form and supporting verification document. The form must be signed by representatives of the homeowner and parent/legal guardian. Photo ID of the homeowner must also be provided. Submit all forms using the method above.
Wolf Canyon, Principal