Happy Mother’s Day to all of our Wolf Canyon Mamas!
Wolf Canyon Staff Appreciation Week
We are celebrating Wolf Canyon this week. Each day we have a new way you can show you appreciation for our Wolf Canyon Teachers and Staff. If you would like to get the something to show your appreciation, please view the staff wish list HERE.
GATES ARE CLOSING STARTING MAY 17th
The newly installed School Parking Lot Gates will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on school days and for special school functions. Please share with the community.
-Week at a Glance-
Staff Appreciation Week
Monday, 05/10 – Monday Memories
- Share your favorite memory with a staff member. E-mail or message them (on Teams, Seesaw, Edmodo, etc.)
- You can create your wone or use this template
- 8:00-3:30 p.m. – Student and Staff COVID Testing, Room 605
Tuesday, 05/11 – Portrait Tuesday
- Draw & share a portrait of your teacher or staff member.
- You can use this frame to draw.
- 12p.m. – DAC/DELAC Meeting, Teams
Wednesday, 05/12 – Write A Poem Wednesday
- Write your teacher or staff member an acrostic poem letting them know how much you care.
- You can write your own or use this example
- 2:30 p.m. – Fire Drill
Thursday, 05/13 – Thankful Thursday
- Make a cared letting your teacher or staff member know why you appreciate them!
- This page might help you brainstorm.
- 1:00-2:00p.m. – Breakfast and Lunch Meal Distribution, Bus Circle
- 1:30-3:00 p.m. – Curbside Library
Friday, 05/14 – Wish List Friday
- Send your teacher or staff member something off their wish list.
- Wish list
You should have received (through email and/or text message) information on April 16th on how to register for your child to get tested for COVID-19 at our school site. You will not need to make an appointment for testing at our school site. Our school will provide on-demand testing, which means that we are accepting “walk-ins”—no appointments are necessary. Here is important information on the CVESD COVID-19 Testing Program:
- Testing will occur at Wolf Canyon Elementary School campus on the following days: May 10th and June 7th.
- On these days, testing will occur from 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM.
- If your student is experiencing symptoms, we highly recommend getting a PCR test at a free County facility or with a medical provider, and not reporting to the school for the antigen test. Unfortunately, the antigen tests used by CVESD cannot be used for return to work or school, per the County’s Symptom Decision Tree. The antigen testing program is for surveillance purposes, in order to quickly determine if individuals are positive and remove such individuals and their close contacts from campus as soon as possible. Contact our school health office for more information or discuss your child’s symptoms.
- At this time, we can only test staff and CVESD students. No family members are able test at this time.
- You do not need to be with your child in order for your child to test under our program; however, if your child walks up to the testing location, we will not be able to test them unless you have signed the on-line consent form at the link you are provided. We highly recommend that you accompany your child to the testing location.
- Links that are sent to you are personalized for your specific student and shouldn’t be shared with others.
- If you have trouble registering/providing consent for your child through the link, please call the district office at (619) 425-9600 and speak to Sherry Stone at ext. 1327 or Theresa Fletcher at ext. 1027 or visit the testing staff on-site at our school and they will be able to help register and test your child during your visit.
- Because we are not taking appointments, we know there will be long lines before and after school. Please take this into account when planning the time have your child tested. Please be patient with the testing team and listen carefully to their instructions.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus on our campus.